N.Y.C. SIGN PERMITS
NYC Administrative Code 28.17 states all signs in the 5 Boros, which includes Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island must be installed by a NYC Licensed Sign Hanger and meet all zoning requirements.
- Each sign requires Sign Permits issued by the NYC Dept of Buildings.
- Each sign requires a NYC Sign Permit. Lighted signs require a NYC Electrical Permit.
- All signs must meet the zoning requirements for each location.
- NYC Landmark approvals
- NYC Licensed Sign Hangers are the only persons legally allowed to pull a Sign Permit.
- Licensed Expeditors, Architects and Engineers can only apply for Sign Permits. They can not pull them.
- Licensed Expeditors, Architects and Engineers can only apply for Sign Permits. They cannot pull them.
Paul Signs Inc. is a NYC Licensed Sign Hanger.
We apply for and pull all the required Sign Permits.
For your financial protection and your safety, ask to see their NYC Sign Hanger License Identification Card, call 311 or go to www.NYC.gov
Paul Signs Inc. is also Licensed throughout New York State and New Jersey for Permits and Installations.
NYC SIGN VIOLATIONS
NYC DOB (Dept of Buildings) and NYC ECB (Environmental Control Board) issues violations for all types of signs, awnings and canopies that are in violation of the NYC Administrative Codes
These violations apply to signs and awnings:
- Installed without a NYC Sign Permit,
- Not using a NYC Licensed Sign Hanger
- Exceeding the zoning regulations
- Lighted signs, landmarks and multiple infractions of the codes.
NYC can issue multiple violations to the same sign until the violations are corrected and cleared.
Each Violation is now considered a Class 1 Hazardous Violation that fines up to 10K plus the cost of removal, disposal and the loss of your business.
NYC Sign Violations can only be corrected and cleared by NYC Licensed Sign Hangers
Paul Signs Inc. is a NYC Licensed Sign Hanger and can legally remove DOB and ECB Sign Violations.
All signs in NYC are required to have NYC Sign Permits and Installed by NYC Licensed Sign Hangers.